Wednesday 2 November 2016

Slow Cooked Chicken Soup









I took part in Love Food Hate Waste Program courtesy of Orchard at Tesco.
This brilliant campaign helps with some hints and ideas to help reduce food waste in my own home, with recipes to use up leftovers, hints to understand what food labels mean and how to make the most of my fridge and freezer space.



Tesco sells Eat Fresh, Keep Fresh Chicken, which enable you to use one chicken breast today and keep the other fresh for another day. I find this idea fantastic.

Here is my slow cooked chicken soup recipe. Perfect winter warmer! It is very easy to prepare just make sure you cook it for around 4-5 hours. Longer is better.

Ingredients

-      5 bigger carrots
-      3 parsnips
-      1 medium onion
-      1 bunch of flat leaf parsley
-      1tsp sea salt flakes
-      1tsp whole peppercorns




Preparation


Cut chicken fillets to 4 pieces. Peel carrots, parsnips and onion. Tie parsley leaves together with string.



Put all the ingredients in a bigger pot and pour with 2.5L water. Season with salt and peppercorns. Leave to cook for around 4-5 hours on low temperature. Stir occasionally.




When the soup is cooked properly filter the liquid. We eat only the meat, carrots and parsnips. All other ingredients are only for seasoning.


If there is any leftover portion and freeze it. I have always some portions in my freezer. It saves me money and 4-5 hours cooking.















No comments:

Post a Comment